Monday 4 April 2011

'Watch Wait and Pray'

Today I reached a milestone in my time of being back in the UK. I finished writing the first draft of my book!

I genuinely think that God has withheld a permanent job from me until I finish writing about my time in South Africa and about how he provided miraculously and amazingly for the work there during that season. It's taken me over 3 months to write but finally I've got a lot of words down. 42000 to be precise.

My next challenge is to proof-read and self-edit and to make sure everything is in the right place.

12 years ago I started writing a novel that is now on it's fifth draft and only half as long as this, so I'm glad I've had more to say and that I'm making more progress. This is a far more interesting topic in any case. Like the wonderful Jane Austen, I'm saving my first novel to be published last ;-)